Thursday, January 23, 2014

Project Sneaks Chairs Woodworking

Wood Plans Woodworking Carpentry Download
Hi! Im stopping in quickly to share a little peak of what weve been working on! We have SO many projects in process right now .. I just counted 5. I blame it on not having all of our tools in one place and the weather (ok, maybe Im just excited about too many things as well :)

Heres a little update through my Instagram.

Moms been helping me with this chair .. photo was taken at night, so the colors are a little off, its more teal.


Sunday, I found an amazing deal at Joann Fabrics (in store) for this gray chenille upholstery fabric. With the store sale and an extra coupon, I got it for about $3.40 a yard. Love when I find deals like this - it doesnt happen very often, but when they do, I get giddy :) I bought 10 yards, so Ill probably have a little extra.

I was originally planning a blue for these chairs (I actually bought this, but it was more of a medium blue than a turquoise, so it wont work .. if youre interested let me know, I can send more pics - I have 8 yards.)

Side note: the upholstery on the original chairs was in great shape, so I was hoping to reuse the foam .. when we put the cushions in the truck, we realized that they smelled like smoke, so I had to buy new foam .. grr. Oh well, the price was still reeeaaally good!! (I researched removing the smoke smell, but I couldnt find a good solution, and I didnt want to waste time or money or chance having the smell come back once done .. )


Love after Christmas 70% off shopping! We invested in a tall tree for our new house (1 more day!!!) it will look great with the high ceilings!! (were making lamps too, so thats what the shades are for :)


And, Ive been going traditional and neutral for too long .. Im thinking COLOR next year!


Finally, the project below is now done! Hopefully pics and post on Monday (I havent photographed it, so it may be complicated by moving).

This wood came from South Carolina - my grandfather got lots of wood milled after a hurricane went through years ago. It has such a pretty grain (this photo does them no justice).


Wish me luck signing TONS of papers (twice) tomorrow. David has to work, so Im signing for him too.. hope my hand doesnt cramp up :)

Hope you have a great weekend!!

TedsWoodworking Plans and Projects

No comments:

Post a Comment